Wednesday 22nd April 2015
Fashionistas! I’m so excited to share today’s post with you :). I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award by the lovely Michaela from Delicate Rose Blog (Michaela thank you ever so much for my nomination, it means everything and more!)
The Liebster Award is by bloggers for bloggers and is set up to support new and up coming blogs and to encourage interaction within the blogging community. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers from bloggers and only exists on the Internet! When nominated you have to answer 11 questions and share your answers. Then the nominees in turn nominates more bloggers for the award and so it goes on! I decided to take part in the Liebster award as I think it is a fun way to share a bit more about myself with my readers and give fellow fashionistas more insight into my personal life.
1. Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them
2. Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to receive the reward
3. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
4. Tell your readers 11 facts about you
5. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they
post their nomination
6. Add the Liebster Award badge to your blog
Now for Michaela’s questions –
1. If money wasn’t an object, where would you travel this year?
If money was no limit I would love to visit New York for a lovely city beak! From the shops to the sights, New York looks amazing and has to be at the top of my travel list – especially during New York Fashion Week!.
2. Are you going to any festivals this summer? If not what festival would you love to attend?
Oh my I LOVE festivals! I’m a huge music fan and really enjoy everything about festivals! From the music to the shopping and yes even the mud I love it all and look forward to festival season every year! Over the past few years I have attended Glastonbury,
Reading & Leeds, V Festival, and Kendal Calling. Even though all are amazing my all time favourite has to be Glastonbury! It’s absolutely incredible! Glastonbury is totally different to any other festival I’ve ever been too and this magical place holds a special place in my heart, if you’ve never been before I strongly recommend you give it a try!
3. What is your all time favourite film?
My all time favourite film has to be ‘Confessions of a Shopaholic’. It’s so funny and the heroine of the film – Rebecca Bloomwood reminds me of me – I love to shop but I must admit I have never had to put my bank card in the fridge as of yet!!! ‘The Devil Wears Prada.’ is my second favourite film, I just I love the fashion theme, the outfits and the storyline.
4. Why did you start blogging?
I decided to start El’s Fashion Fix to share my love for fashion and beauty with other fashionistas. El’s Fashion Fix is my personal fashion diary which is my pride and joy. I love El’s Fashion Fix and I’m so pleased I decided to start blogging! El’s Fashion Fix has given me the greatest opportunity in the World – the freedom to explore my personal style, share fashion views and spread my passion for fashion! I now have a place that I can call my own, sharing my ever growing wardrobe with fashion lovers everywhere. My hope is that I inspire my readers with real style, affordable fashion and confidence to try new things.
5. Who are your favourite bloggers?
It’s hard to choose as all the fashion bloggers I follow are excellent and fun to read. I generally find blogs extremely up- lifting and inspiring. They give me the confidence to experiment with my style and try new things.
6. If you had to choose, where would you shop for the rest of your life?
This is a tough question as there are so many shops I love but If I had to choose just one it would have to be Topshop! I love how everything is bang on trend and how the clothing is always well made.
7. Who is your favourite brand/designer?
This question is so hard to answer…but it has to be Chanel :), style, quality and exquisite designs season after season. A timeless classic that never ages.
8. What do think of this year’s 70’s trend?
I’m absolutely loving the 70’s trend! From bell-bottom jeans to pretty paisley prints, to large floppy hats the 1970’s are back on the fashion radar and fashion friends, this makes me so happy! I just love the seventies style and I am looking forward to embracing this trend throughout the Spring/Summer months ahead 🙂
9. Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years time?
In 5 years time I would love to be working full time in the fashion industry, be it by blogging on El’s Fashion Fix or by working for a luxury fashion brand.
10. What is your favourite food?
I do have a sweet tooth and with that being said my favourite food has to be Haribo sweets! (even though they are very naughty hehe!).
11. Lipstick or Lipgloss?
Lipgloss is lovely but I’m a lipstick girl through and through! I love the powerful pigmentation and how the colour lasts much longer on the lips. I also dislike how sticky a gloss can feel and how my hair always seems to stick to my lips when it’s windy! My favourite lipstick at the moment is the gorgeous Chanel Red ‘Incandescente’ which is part of the Rouge Allure range.
Well fashion friends that’s my answers to Michaela’s questions and now for the 11 random facts about myself!
1. I am a natural blonde 🙂
2. My favourite high street store is Topshop 🙂 I pop in at least once a week to check out the latest trends and maybe treat myself to something new ;).
3. I have a beautiful cat named Willow. He’s a silver shadow chinchilla Persian and is 14 years old. He’s my number one fashionista!
4. I have a slight obsession with Chanel beauty products and currently own over 40 lipsticks! Chanel are the masters of lipsticks and I can’t help but feel the need to add the latest shades to my collection!
5. If you know me you will know that I love to talk and chatter away to my family and friends hehe ;). I also enjoy meeting new people and talking to them too!
6. I absolutely love music festivals! I attend Glastonbury and Leeds religiously and I’m really looking forward to 2015’s events.
7. I also love indie music with my two favourite bands being The Courteeners and Kasabian.
8. Apart from fashion my other main love is dancing. I am a fully trained Ballet dancer and I started dancing at the age of 3.
9. I have a major handbag addiction, with my favourite luxury brand being Louis Vuitton! Although I also have a number of high-end designer bags from Michael Kors, Vivienne Westwood and Moschino one of my aims is to own a Chanel 2.55 Classic flap bag.
10. My favourite colour is Pink
11. I used to be a cheerleader for St. Helens Rugby League Club.
I now nominate the lovely to take part in the Liebster Award –
* Carolyn @ Stylish Memories/
* Jessica @ Blonde Of Carbs
* Valentina @ Fashion With Valentina
* Cat @ One Hand In My Pocket
* Alex @ Pretty Thoughts
* Carolin @ Lunch Break Adventures
* Christina @ Christina Campbell Hughes
* Alix @ Al’s Beauty In A Box
My Questions –
1. What is the most worn item in your wardrobe at the moment?
2. Are you a heels or flats kind of girl?
3. What do you like most about blogging?
4. What’s your favourite high street shop?
5. Which is your most used handbag?
6. If money was no limit which designer handbag would you invest in and why?
7. Are you heading to any music festivals this year and if so which?
8. What’s your favourite type of music?
9. Where do you hope your blogging experience is going to take you?
10. Skinny jeans – Love or loathe?
11. Favourite trend for spring/summer 2015?
Well fashionistas, that’s my Liebster nomination! I hope you enjoyed reading my post and found it interesting. I just want to say a massive thank you again to Michaela from Delicate Rose Blog for nominating me, I’ve really enjoyed answering all your questions and had so much fun taking part in the Liebster Award. If you haven’t already don’t forget to head on over and check out Michaela’s amazing fashion blog! You will find all the style inspiration you need!
Until next time fashionistas,
Don’t forget to follow me on social media 🙂